Northward of the Smaller Minaret there preserved the ruins of three shrines, one of which is called the khan’s one. The Khan’s Shrine is a part of the architectural complex of buildings of the 14th – early 15th centuries that stretch from east to west and known from historical sources since the 18th century. The complex was studied through archaeological excavations in 1914 and in 1968 – 1969. A furnace and the under-floor heating ducts were found in the addition to the shrine. The mausoleum underwent the conservation and restoration in 2005 – 2006. At the same time, in the area that lies to the south and to the east of the Smaller Minaret, there have been opened up the foundations of architectural structures dating back to the late 15th century that include not just the mausoleums of different sizes, but also the buildings having other purposes evidenced by existence of the heating systems in them. They all were conserved and opened for observation. The stone buildings of the mausoleums, the brick tomb stones and the crypts that preserved in them show that here there was a necropolis of the noble people. In 2011 – 2012, the restorers dismantled the later concrete blocks and the conservation masonwork mad with the cement mortar in the western and eastern sections of the mausoleum and restored the masonwork of the walls of the western Mausoleum with the use of the sawn stone, of the Eastern Mausoleum – with the use of the crushed stone; cleaned the cupolas of the Central Mausoleum; and treated the complex with water-repellent hydrophobic solutions.
Last updated: Apr, 03, 2013, 19:47